Host a Blood Drive
Save lives when it is convenient for your organization!
We understand that your days are filled with many commitments already and we want to make your commitment to help save lives through blood donation easier! Shepeard can bring a bloodmobile right to your curbside, or set up a blood drive in a room you provide. The steps are simple and the result- life changing for our patients in need.
- Schedule your blood drive at least 3 months in advance by contacting us at 706.737.4551.
- Blood drives are typically scheduled for a minimum of 3 hours and a maximum of 8.
Prior to Your Blood Drive:
- A site inspection will be required if:
- Your group is hosting its first blood drive, or
- We have not held a blood drive at your site during the past two years.
- Shepeard representative will contact you to discuss all details to determine if the drive should be a Bloodmobile, Inside or Center drive.
- Once drive type is determined, a confirmation letter will be sent to you with additional information.
- Marketing materials will be created by the Shepeard Marketing team, and delivered to you free of charge. If you would like them customized, be sure to let your Recruiter know.
Blood Drive Site Requirements:
- Easy access to the parking area for the bloodmobile (no tight corners, narrow alleys, etc). Our bloodmobiles are approximately 38-40 long
- Level parking space near your building.
- Access to a public bathroom for Shepeard employees and donors.
- After giving blood, donors will be asked to relax for 10-15 minutes and have a snack.
- Shepeard will provide juice, water, soda and delicious snacks.
The day of your Blood Drive:
- The bloodmobile will arrive 30 minutes prior to your first appointment
- Arrange for a representative to meet our staff to verify location and answer any questions.
- Arrange for a representative to attend the event the entire time if possible.
- Donors should be prepared to spend an hour for their appointment.
- Click here for detailed donation information. Donors should bring a valid photo I.D.
Call Shepeard Community Blood Center at 706.737.4551 or email questions to email@example.com.
Chris Maxwell needed to use two units of blood during his quadruple bypass surgery. Today, he is an active member of The Mended Hearts of Aiken and works diligently to educate the public about heart health.
Chris Maxwell - Blood Recipient
The CSRA's Community Blood Center